FIND YOUR STATION
Find the closest fire station to you in the St Matthews area.
HOW ARE WE DOING?
Please take a moment and fill out our patient satisfaction survey.
FREE HOME SMOKE ALARMS
Did you know? That SMFD provides free smoke alarms to everyone in the district.
WE ARE HIRING!
Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic
* Due to an Indianapolis CPAT test date of 10/10/2020 we will allow applicants to bring proof of a current CPAT card with them on the date of the written test. Applicants may NOT take the written test without proof of a CPAT card (either submitted with their application or shown on the date of the written test).
St. Matthews Fire & Rescue is currently taking applications for the position of a full- time Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic. A two-year hiring list will be created from the list of qualified candidates. Employment applications may be picked up at 240 Sears Ave. Louisville, KY 40207 (Monday–Thursday 8:00 am -Noon) or online at stmatthewsfd.com.
Application Deadline 10/9 by 5 pm
Written Test Dates: 10/23 from 6pm-9pm or 10/24 from 9am-12pm
- IFSAC Firefighter I & II or 400 Hour KY Certified Firefighter KY State or National EMTB
- CPAT Card (Previous 12 Months)
- Minimum of 18 Years of Age w/ Valid Driver’s License
- $44,452.77 Annual Salary (plus unscheduled overtime) $4,000 Annual State Incentive Pay
- $5,000 Paramedic Stipend
- Fully Covered Family Health, Dental, and Vision Life Insurance (employee only)
- CERS Participating Agency
- KY Deferred Comp 401(k)/ 457(b)
Applications are to be submitted either in person or emailed to:
St. Matthews Fire & Rescue
Attn: Michael Frantz (HR)
240 Sears Ave.
Louisville, KY 40207
502-893-7825 ext. 2627
Meet The Chief
William Seng was appointed Chief of the St. Matthews Fire District (STMFD) in July 1992; he has been part of STMFD since he joined it 1978. Prior to his appointment, he served in a variety of Fire Department positions, including Captain and Fire Marshal responsible for all fire prevention activities.
William Seng is a member of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, the South East Association of Fire Chiefs and the Jefferson County Fire Chiefs Association.
Chief Seng is a graduate of the National Fire Academy's Executive Fire Officer program.
Chief Seng is an active member of the community including the Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club and Knights of Columbus.
© STMFD 2018